Monday, October 27, 2008

Back in Tokyo!

Group photo at Aso-chi Ryokan after our traditional Japanese meal.
One of the views from our hotel, overlooking the Japanese garden in Aso.




My host family was so gracious and welcomed me to Uki with open arms. Here is a picture after receiving BES as a special gift from our school. She will give BES a great home in Japan!



I have been off line for a few days since we were traveling back from my home stay and then on to Aso, a mountainous volcanic area that is absolutely beautiful! Our ryokan (pro-nounced yo-kan) was located in the middle of the area, actually in a part of an old volcanic opening from a long time ago that is nestled beneath the mountains. It was surrounded by beautiful water, gardens and quiet hills. This would be our last evening before traveling back to Tokyo, so we had an authenic, traditional Japanese stay, including our dinner, eating a large Japanese style meal while wearing our kimonos and sitting on the floor and room, sleeping on tatami mats on the floor. It was something I will remember always. I will send more information later on, but for now will be off line until my return to the U.S. I am working on our group presentation now and will be presenting that on Wednesday morning. I will try to write again before leaving Tokyo, but not sure if I will have time, so check back often for more updates later.








This has been a trip of a lifetime that has forever changed me in such positive ways. Learning more about another culture is overwhelming, but an experience I will share with you through photos, presentations and just conversation. I look forward to seeing all of you back home very soon!








Love ya bunches...

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait till you get home and tell us all about it.

Janey

S.K said...

I am Saori Kinoshita.
Last Sunday was very enjoy day!

How are you?
I'm fine.

How was Kumamoto?
Look forward to seeing someone again on some occasion in the future.

Thank you for the presents!

Send mail to you.

See you again.

Saori Kinoshita

Anonymous said...

i am Saori Kinoshita.
Last sunday was very enjoy day!!

how are you?
i'm fine.

thank you for the presente!!

send mail to you.

morgan scott

Anonymous said...

I went to Washington D.C. two days ago

Anonymous said...

I would want to go to japan it would be SO fun!!!!!!!!! I bet you're having the most intriguing time ever. Japan is one of the most technolgic advanced countrys in the world, isn't that wonderful!!!! That is really cool.
I hope you are having a jolly good time!

Anonymous said...

i meant to say technoligic advanced in the world sorry.

Anonymous said...

I bet its fun in tokeo, see ya!

Anonymous said...

i am so exsided about you trip can't wate intell you get back.



p.s.tell us all about it

Anonymous said...

i miss u see u soon

Anonymous said...

hi how is tokyo japan is it (a) very nice / sunny and beutiful. (b) does tokyo have good food (c) hot,cool,warm,cold. (d) all of the above. when you get this send me back plessa thank you . your chours 4 student ally

Anonymous said...

hi mrs. sullivan how is japan i know you have gone many different places and how is the food there i heard it is really good
Maddie M

Anonymous said...

you must be tierd

Anonymous said...

I have five quasins 1 were was the volcanic located at. 2 what was the vocanic called. 3what was it like living in the house. 4 what is that little light called. 5 what is a tatami.

Anonymous said...

What is your host familys names????
What kind of stuff did they have???
Do they have alot of stuff there???
Do they alote of stuff in the class room??????
What was there art work like????
Did some of the kids know engilish

Anonymous said...

hi mrs.sullivan how is japan it seems like it would be alot of fun i cant wait until you get home art is not the same here without you but mrs.coddle is really fun but not as fun as you i cant wait until you gat back
Maddie M

Anonymous said...

Hi it is me Grace.Japan seems l so much fun.Do you wish you lived their?I do,it seems just so fun!When you get back I want you to tell me all about your trip okay.I hope that you come back to school soon to see everybody agian soon.What do you like best thier?Where are you now?Hope to see you soon!bye

Anonymous said...

I miss you so much and I wish I could be there. what kind of food do they eat.Do you know any names.do you use forks when you eat.can you tell me all about it.

Anonymous said...

hey mis.sullivan i hope you had a great time at Tokyo BES misses you
so much well got go.

Tbird said...

Miss you Kim! I hope you're having a GREAT time in Japan!!!!
xoxo,
Taryn

Anonymous said...

Hey mrs.sullivan!!!!!!!!!!! How is it in tokyo??
I have some questions for you,
1.what was your favorite type of food? 2.what was your favorite thing to do in tokyo???
3.what were the three most beautiful places that you were in/saw???4.what was the most disgusting food that you tried in tokyo???5.what are the family members names that you lived with in tokyo with???6. did you like living in tokyo for a little while??? please write me back!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

i know you are having fun and i would have fun if i was there. i Know that diffrent cultures are cool to learn about because my mom told me alot because she was in dubai in the middle east. we miss you!!!

Anonymous said...

Been wanting to see you!






Signed Ryan Devesh Ahuja
(Skype name rdahuja)

Anonymous said...

Yes if the truth be known, in some moments I can reveal that I approve of with you, but you may be in the light of other options.
to the article there is even now a suspect as you did in the go over like a lead balloon a fall in love with efflux of this solicitation www.google.com/ie?as_q=arcsoft panorama maker software ?
I noticed the phrase you have not used. Or you partake of the pitch-dark methods of helping of the resource. I have a week and do necheg